Skip to Main Content

Educational History

You will be required to report all US-accredited work completed inside or outside the United States, including accredited homeschool programs.

Apply Now!

All materials must be received or reported by the appropriate application deadline. If you would like to make any changes to your application after submission (including submitting new test scores, transcripts, etc.) you will be required to withdraw your application and then resubmit. This will update the application submission timestamp. Failure to report a complete and accurate academic history, may result in your acceptance being revoked, loss of credit, or dismissal from the institution.

ACT/SAT Scores

Freshman (including homeschool) applicants are required to submit an ACT/SAT score. Transfer applicants with fewer than 24 university credit hours will also be required to submit an ACT or SAT test score. BYU only considers the highest overall composite score it receives in its evaluation, minus the writing portion. ACT/SAT scores can be sent from the following sources:

  • Directly from the ACT or SAT office
  • From a copy of a student’s official score report (mailed or delivered)
  • From a copy of the official online PDF (mailed, delivered, or via
  • Self-reported in the application (official verification will take place)

High School Transcripts

Utah Public High Schools – If you have attended a Utah public high school, we can retrieve your transcript from the state electronically by your entering your State Student Identifier (SSID) in your application. If this number is not located on your transcript, please contact your high school counseling center to obtain your SSID. (Note: this is not your school-issued ID number).

Non-Utah and other High Schools – You will self-report your high school work in your application. You only need to supply an official transcript if you are admitted. This can be done in one of the following ways:

  • Electronically through Parchment Exchange, National Transcript Center, or National Student Clearinghouse
  • Mailed by the high school
  • Mailed or hand-delivered by the student

Transcripts that do not match the self-reported grades may result in your offer of admission being revoked.

International High Schools – Freshmen and transfer applicants with fewer than 24 university credits will be required to report their high school work. Any international work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information.

College Transcripts

BYU requires official transcripts from each college you have attended. This includes transcripts of courses taken through concurrent enrollment programs while in high school. For information about credit transferability and other FAQs, please visit BYU does not accept faxed college transcripts. College transcripts may be sent to BYU in the following ways: 

  • Electronically through Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearinghouse, or SCRIP-Safe.
  • Sent directly from the university via email to
  • Mailed directly from the college/university you attended.
  • Hand-delivered in a sealed envelope (the envelope cannot be tampered with in any way) to Enrollment Services (D-155 ASB).
  • Any international work must be submitted through IERF or WES. See Evaluating International Work for more information.